A lot of people want to spice up their bedroom, but don’t have the budget to invest in new furniture or other decor items. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to spruce up a bedroom on the cheap! If you try these DIY bedroom decor solutions, you’ll be able to make any bedroom a great place to be.
1. Draw On Your Furniture
Do you have a few plain pillow shams in your room? If so, you should try decorating them. If you have a sharpie marker and a ruler, you can create your own attractive designs on any pillow.
Plain pillows can be purchased for a very low price. Buy a few dull-looking pillows, and then turn them into something that’s a little more special. Some nice-looking pillows can really liven up a room. In addition, decorating pillows can be a whole lot of fun.
2. Make Your Bedroom Look Bigger
Is your bedroom the size of a closet? If so, you’ll want to look at a few easy ways to add space. One of the simplest things you can do is hang mirrors along your bedroom walls. Try putting up a few full length mirrors just behind your bed. The room will look like it’s twice its normal size.
If you’re not a big fan of mirrors, you could also try adding a strip of metallic wallpaper behind your bed. You can buy a small strip of wallpaper very cheaply. Light will bounce off the wallpaper, making your room look bigger than ever!
3. Use Washi Tape
Are the surfaces on your furniture a little bit too plain? If so, you might want to use some washi tape. This decorative tape is a great way to decorate a worn-out dresser. They can also look great on doors and light switches.
Spend some time finding a few appealing patterns. From there, use the washi tape to bring the patterns to life. Your room will be full of cool custom designs. If you ever get bored of the look, you can take down the tape and try out something new.
4. Hang A Light String
You probably associate strings of lights with Christmas or other holidays. However, a light string can make your room feel like a magical wonderland.
Take a few lights and string them across your ceiling. Plug them in, and your room will be transformed. This is a great idea for a room with a lower ceiling. It’s also a nice way to spruce up your room if you can’t paint your walls.
While plain white lights will make your room look very appealing, you could also experiment with colored lights. Hanging blue and green lights could give your room an incredible “under the sea” look.
5. Sponge Painting
If you want to paint your room, but can’t find a color that satisfies you, you might want to try a special painting technique. Sponge painting is extremely easy, and can make any room look incredible.
When you sponge paint, you just take a soft sponge and dip it in paint. From there, you press it along the wall. You can continue the process until you have a finished look that you’re happy with.
As you can see, there are a lot of amazing DIY bedroom decor solutions out there. If you don’t like the look of your bedroom, you should look into making a few changes. Everyone should be happy with the room that they live in. If your room isn’t a great place to be, you’re going to want to do something to change that.Read More
DIY wall art projects are the best because you can have a lot of fun with them and try new things that might not have been done in the past. You can show excitement with the options that are in front of you and just soak in the choices that are being given to you. Those who can get them are going to be in love with how they come together and how they look when they are finally put up at the end of the day.
You are going to notice how DIY wall art projects are better than anything else.
For advice on this, let’s see what you should incorporate into your mindset moving forward.
Understand Theme Of Room Or Surrounding Environment
Do you know how the room is going to look where you are putting up the wall art? You want to make sure it fits in because the wall art has to make sense. It is just like regular art where you get something that has to be put on the wall. You are not going to simply forget about the room and hope that it fits.
This is not how it works unless you are looking to waste your time and don’t know what you have to put up. This is where people mess up the most.
Use General Items
Many general items are effective when it comes to these projects, so you want to give them a try. Be creative because you will be surprised as to how many good things there are that are good for what you are doing and will produce results.
You want to look at these items as you are making a choice moving forward.
You want to give them a real chance to produce results in the short and long-term.
Mix And Match Items
You can get stuck to a particular look or set of items that are being used as materials, but that is not how you should be pursuing these projects. They are supposed to have a DIY element to them where you are going out and being creative. It should not feel like you are just going through the motions and the DIY project is being done with a simple plan of what you are going to use. Open things up and try new methods.
These are the things that will make sure your DIY wall art projects are out of this world and have the overall quality that is going to make a difference. Those who are not able to pursue them will lose out, and that is the worst thing that could happen.
Your DIY wall art project is going to be unique as long as you take these things into consideration and keep plowing forward with a determined focus that has not been seen before.
This is how you can master the art and get something that is beautiful to look at and fits what you want.Read More
Are you the type of person who loves to create new things using little more than your own two hands and your natural abilities? If so, then chances are you will love some of these popular types of DIY crafts. Feel free to try them all so that you can decide which ones are your favorites.
1. Knitting. If you love the idea of being able to create everything from clothing to stuffed animals, knitting is most likely right up your alley. These days, there are so many different types of yarn and unique patterns available that you will never get bored if you take knitting up as a hobby. Best of all, it is something that you can do anywhere. You can simply stuff your knitting needles in your bag and take them with you on the go. That means that you can knit at the park, while you are waiting for your doctor’s appointment, in front of the TV, or anywhere else that your heart desires. This is also an inexpensive hobby to get started with. All you need is a set of knitting needles and some yarn and you are ready to go. There are plenty of free patterns online that you can practice with.
2. Mosaics. If you find working on jigsaw puzzles enjoyable, chances are you will also enjoy making mosaics. The basic concept is fairly simple. All you do is glue down pieces of tile, glass, or stone on a hard surface. Once the glue has dried, you then put tile grout between the pieces. In the end, you are left with a beautiful, artistic surface that is full of color, texture, and shine. You can add mosaics to just about any surface ranging from planters and mirrors to countertops and backslashes. Best of all, this craft provides you with an opportunity to work with a variety of different materials, helping to ensure that you never get bored. You can even gather many of the materials for free simply by collecting old bottles or holding onto broken plates and tiles.
3. Sewing. If you are into fashion and like the idea of making your own clothing or home accessories, sewing is a great choice for a DIY craft. Although you can sew by hand, chances are you will be better off if you invest in a sewing machine. Typically, you can get a model that is more than adequate for a beginner for under $100. Then, all you need is some fabric and thread and you are ready to go. There are many free patterns available online that you can print out and tape together. Alternatively, you can also buy patterns at any craft store or sewing shop. You can even try your hand at quilting or other sewing-related crafts once you invest in a good sewing machine.
4. Jewelry making. Nothing is quite as rewarding as making wearable art. Jewelry making can be an extremely fun craft to get into. There are so many different beads and findings available to choose from that you can make just about any design that you can imagine. Even if you can’t find what you need, you can use materials such as silver clay or metal wire to create whatever you can envision. This can also be an extremely profitable hobby to get into since you can usually sell your jewelry for a relatively large profit. If you are looking for a craft that you can turn into a business, this is a great one to try.
What are you waiting for? Why not try out some of these popular types of DIY crafts to see which ones you enjoy the most? In the end, you may just find a hobby that you love.Read More
Your home is a reflection of your personality and you want it to both look good and stand out from the crowd. Blank walls lack personality, so why not turn them into your own private gallery with DIY wall decor? There are plenty of ways that you can add style to your walls without spending a ton of money. Read on to learn some simple ideas that can make your walls shine.
Frame Those Old Photographs
Vintage wall art is always a hit and if you have shoe boxes full of old black and white photos, frame them and hang them on the walls. Old photos look best when they are arranged into a collage. Go to a dollar store and get 10 frames in different sizes.
Make sure to buy some of the largest frames you can find and buy some of the smallest as well. After the project is finished you are going hang the frames in the pattern of your choice on the wall. It is important how you arrange the photos as well. You can group them into each frame by theme, time period or even subject. Don’t just randomly stuff the photographs into the frame.
Create Your Own Wall Sculpture
Wall sculptures provide maximum visual impact and they don’t have to cost too much money either. You can make them with inexpensive materials and you might even have all the materials you need right at home. If you want to stick with dollar store materials, you can make an impressive summer themed wall sculpture from shells and pieces of glass that you can buy by the bag.
You need to start with a piece of plywood as the base. You can go with either a square or an oval shape. Once you have your materials, you can just start gluing the shells and glass down on the board into any pattern you like. Once it looks good to your eye, you can choose to leave it as is or you can spray paint over it in the color of your choice. Whatever ever you decide to do, this project will add some pop to your walls.
Paint Your Own Masterpiece
Just because you aren’t a trained artist, it doesn’t mean that you can’t paint your own artwork. All you need is some blank canvas, some paints and a paintbrush or two and you have all the tools you need to pain your own painting. Go for a simple abstract that works with the colors in your home and hang it proudly. You can also just buy an adult paint by numbers kit and create a painting that way. Painting is fun and it can add some personality to your walls.
DIY wall decor doesn’t have to cost a fortune. With simple materials you can buy in the dollar store, you can create unique wall art that will make your home look fantastic. Doing it yourself makes your home more unique.Read More
Are you looking for some do-it-yourself home decor ideas? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Continue to read on to learn about a few DIY home decor ideas you might be interested in trying.
1. Create A Plate Wall- If you have a living room or a kitchen that needs new life, then create a plate wall. All you have to do is get your hands on various types of plates and put them on a shelf that is attached to the wall. If you don’t want to install a shelf, then simply hang the plates up on your wall and arrange them as you see fit. You might be surprised at how much better a room will look with a plate wall, especially if it goes in your living room or kitchen.
2. Paint Your Dinnerware- Another decor idea you can do on your own is paint your dinnerware and then leave them in the open, such as on your table or on a shelf designed to hold dinnerware pieces. There are paints out there that are safe to use on dinnerware, so make sure you only use suitable products on your dinnerware. Your dining room will look a lot better and more colorful if you choose to paint your dinnerware with bright colors, but feel free to use any colors you want when you do paint.
3. Add Artwork- All too often, people have a lot of blank space on their walls and one of the best ways to fill that space up is with some nice decor. Artwork is one of the best forms of decor for walls, and you can be creative with the type of artwork you decide to place on your walls. There are animal decals that you can use as your artwork and there are many other forms of artwork you can add to the walls, and best of all, wall artwork can be used in just about any room in your home.
4. Paint An Old Table- Do you have an old table laying around and it can do with a paint job? If so, then give it one, or go out and buy a used table from a discount store, and it can be an end table, coffee table or a kitchen table. If it’s a wooden table, then make sure you sand it down if it needs it and then paint over it with the color/colors of your choice. Here’s a tip, use 2-3 different colors because this will add some spice to the room it is in.
5. Do Something Different With The Kitchen Cabinets- Another easy DIY decor idea is to add some decorations to your kitchen cabinets or add some new cabinets. If you don’t want to spend money on new cabinet doors, then see if you can buy used doors and then give them a paint job, and this will breathe some new life into your kitchen. If you want to save a lot of money, then give your cabinets a paint job, because your cabinets may end up looking 10 times better than they do now. These are just a few things you can do to your kitchen cabinets.
Creating a plate wall is fun and so is painting your dinnerware. Adding creative artwork to the walls is a good idea too and so is painting an old table and doing something with your kitchen cabinets. Keep in mind that those are just a few DIY home decor ideas you can try, but feel free to try out any other ideas you have in mind.Read More
The Arts and Crafts movement has brought some interesting style to furniture and home accessories. Whether you want a Mission style couch or a Tiffany style lamp, adding Arts and Crafts touches to your home will elevate it and make it look amazing.
Read on to learn how you can make your home a better place by incorporating Arts and Crafts accessories into your decor.
The Different Styles You Can Add In
The Arts and Crafts movement revered beautiful objects that featured fine craftsmanship, instead of the mass-produced, cheap products that were readily found during that time. Good design meant a good society, and the objects were meant to be affordable yet of the highest quality.
Arts and Crafts style furniture features straight lines and angles with decorative motifs. You can find plenty of reproductions of classic pieces online and in furniture stores and if you have the budget, you can get an original at an antique store.
If you want to add some of this style to your home, think about incorporating a Mission style couch into your home decor. The couches feature a soft upholstered top with a wood base and arms. The lines are straight and the wood is usually a dark cherry or walnut hue. You can also find Arts and Crafts coffee tables made with cherry or oak and featuring the long lines and modern look that works great in any style home.
You might want to add in a Tiffany style stained glass lamp or a decorative rug while you are at it. Your home will look classy with an Arts and Crafts influence and the furniture is built to last. Many of the original pieces are still going strong to this day. They are solidly built and a worthy addition to your home.
Have a Budget in Mind
Arts and Crafts furniture will go with both modern home and vintage homes. The designs are so classic that they just don’t go out of style. They always look fresh no matter what type of home you have. You can find this type of furniture online and in stores. Be sure to compare prices of the piece you want because they can really vary. You should also have a budget in mind before you start to shop.
Having a budget figured out is helpful because it is so easy to go over that budget once you start shopping. The furniture looks so good that it is easy to just spend money. You will be tempted to order everything, but if you want your wallet to stay full, you need to set a budget before you start shopping. This way you won’t be tempted to overspend.
Arts and Crafts furniture can transform your home and make it look great. You can spend as much or as little as you want to get the look. You can go online to find inspiration and see how other people have incorporated the furniture into their homes.Read More
The Arts and Crafts movement flourished during the late 1800s and early 1900s in both Europe and the United States. The movement embraced fine craftsmanship, expressing style through the use of romantic or folk-inspired designs. The movement came about in response to the increasing industrialisation of society. Furniture was being mass produced, which many felt took away from its charm. Not only that, but it was often unstable and couldn’t withstand the rigours of everyday use.
The Arts and Crafts movement directly opposed this type of furniture and design. The focus was on the quality of the construction and the simplicity of the design. Durability and function were prized above the ornate details of traditional Victorian furniture. Arts and Crafts era furniture was not only built to last, but was designed to capture the beauty and simplicity of well-made designs.
Elements of Arts and Crafts Era Furniture
Decorating with this type of furniture can help you create a beautiful and inviting home. To make the most of this look, search for heavy-duty pieces that are built with solid construction. Most furniture from this era was finished in rich wood tones, adding warmth to the space.
Glass was also often used in design, with inset panels of slag glass or stained glass appearing in everything from light fixtures and lamps to bookcases and fireplaces. Look for pieces that incorporate glass panels if you really want to play up the Arts and Crafts theme.
Don’t forget about lamps and lighting when choosing pieces for your home. Lamps from this era were absolutely stunning, with glass panels inset into metal shades, creating bold geometric designs. Stained glass art that can be hung over your windows can also add to the Arts and Crafts feel, bringing the natural beauty of glass into your space.
When choosing pieces for your home, focus on quality and simplicity of design. Straight lines and simple construction are trademarks of this time period and can help you create an authentic look. By choosing the right Arts and Crafts era furniture and decor, you can transform your space into an inviting retreat where you will love to spend time with your friends and family.
Although there are plenty of reproduction pieces on the market, you may want to consider shopping at antique malls to find the real thing. Today’s furniture is typically mass-produced and lacks the original quality of the hand-made pieces from the early 20th-century. It is worth spending the extra money on a beautiful antique if you want to create an authentic look.Read More